Registration for our 8th grade classes to prepare for the 2017 Fall/Winter Selective Enrollment Entrance Exam is NOW OPEN. Classes begin in September 2017.
SelectivePrep offers the only classroom programs in Chicago to help students prepare for the Selective Enrollment Entrance Exam. This test is one third of the score required for admissions to a Selective Enrollment High School.
With the SelectivePrep Program, students prepare for the Selective Enrollment Entrance Exam in a structured classroom setting with one of our expert Instructors. These classes enable students to master the math and verbal topics on the exam. Students leave the course better equipped to face the admissions process and better prepared to succeed in high school. The SelectivePrep Program starts with a diagnostic test to pinpoint strengths and weaknesses. Students will have access to supplemental material so they can practice in areas where they need the most improvement. Students also take a practice test under test conditions just before they take “the real thing”. Class size is limited to 20 students. The SelectivePrep Program includes:
- Variety of locations/times/formats. Our classes are offered on weekends at convenient locations or after school at local elementary schools and includes both regular 8 week (2 hours per session) or intensive 4 week (4 hours per session) programs.
- Interactive classroom program. Comprehensive 17-hour hands-on classroom program tuned to actual Selective Enrollment Exam content.
- 400+ page Study Guide. Hundreds of review questions (including answers and step by step solutions)
- Diagnostic Test. Initial assessment that provides a detailed analysis of individual student strengths/weaknesses.
- Focused classroom materials. Rigorous review of Selective Enrollment topics developed by test prep experts.
- Practice test review. Full length administration & review of practice tests modeled on Selective Enrollment Exam topics.
- No calculators. Does not use calculators to encourage students to think on their feet and build math confidence.
- Instructor updates. Regular and specific updates on student performance and in-class quizzes.
|Session 1||Diagnostic Test; Intro to Exam, Number Properties|
|Session 2||Decimals, Fractions and Mixed Numbers, Probability and Combinations, Reading Comprehension 1|
|Session 3||Percents, Ratios, Averages, Grammar 1; Math Quiz 1|
|Session 4||Basic Algebra & Equations; Reading Comprehension 2; Math Quiz 2|
|Session 5||Inequalities, Units of Measurement, Charts and Graphs, Grammar 2; Math Quiz 3|
|Session 6||Geometry, Vocabulary & Spelling Review Quiz|
|Session 7||Word Problems, Grammar 3; Language Quiz 1; Reading Comprehension Quiz 1|
|Session 8||Practice Test; Practice Test Review & Last Minute Tips|
Click here to try some sample SelectivePrep Selective Enrollment Entrance Exam Program material.
Registration for SelectivePrep’s Fall 2017 classes is NOW OPEN! Please feel free to contact us if you have an additional questions.
After School Classes
SelectivePrep conducts after school classes at elementary schools across Chicago. If you are interested in after school program, please let us know.